What is LMS
A learning management system (LMS) is a software application or web-based technology used to plan, implement and assess a specific learning process. It is used to automate manual processes and get on demand information.
What are learning management systems used for?
LMS is useful to Educational institutions and Corporations. It enables Student, Employee, Library, Knowledge management, etc. LMS helps in gathering, organizing, sharing and analyzing an organization's resources, documents and people skills. LMS can also be customized as per an Organization's Vision, Mission, Strategy and Goals.
How do learning management systems work?
An is a large repository that allows users to store and track information in one place. Role based access enables a secure login to the online learning resources.
Benefits of a learning management system
An LMS can enable an organization to digitize their Academic processes whilst saving time and money. LMS can also allow students to complete the studies in an organized format.
Other benefits of learning management systems include:
- Ability to monitor user progress and performance
- Increased Learning accessibility anytime, anywhere
- Personalize the online training and learning experience
- Easily and efficiently update Learning modules and activities
- Effective distribution of learning materials online
- Use of automation that allows users to forget about tedious, repetitive tasks -- such as user enrollment and certification distribution - and focus on more important activities.
- Centralized learning - allows an organization to safely organize and store all big data in one location. This allows instructors and admins to more easily update and maintain learning materials. It also helps produce effective training that is consistent across the organization.
- Advanced encryption ensures the data and content remain secure.
- Meet diverse assessment needs of the Colleges/Universities.
- Impeccable automation and integration of academic and administrative functions.
- Grade book to track students‘ progress and performance.
- Anytime, anywhere access through Internet or Intranet.
- Exporting of reports to MS-Word, MS-Excel, PDF documents.
- Information can be imported from existing legacy systems.
- Personalized home page for students.
- Integrates key functions of finance, payroll and fee collection.
- Zero data redundancy - uses centralized database
- Single student database for school administration, library and fee collection.
- Single employee database for school administration, library and payroll.